Thursday, July 9, 2009

Tampa Bar Mitzvah at Rodeph Sholom

I was talking to a client yesterday and realized that I had neglected to post pictures from my last Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Rodeph Sholom in Tampa. Rodeph Sholom is the oldest congregation in the city and they have a historical marker plaque out front that tells about the original temple. (There's nothing I love more than a good historical plaque and I have been known to pull the car over on trips every time I see one.)

I'll post a few images over the next couple of days but I wanted to get this one on the website right away because it's one of my favorites. This is the Bar Mitzvah boy's sister who was holding the candle during the Havdalah to mark the end of the Shabbat.


One of the unexpected pleasures of being a Bar Mitzvah and Bat Mitzvah photographer in Tampa is the privilege of being a witness to these wonderful traditions. It's a real pleasure to be allowed inside a gathering of family and friends and be a part of these special moments.

I love my job. :)

For more examples of my Bar Mitzvah photography, visit my website at www.boorayperry.com.