Thursday, April 21, 2011

Refraining from using the phrase "small world"

As you probably already know, my wife owns a beach wedding business called Perfect Florida Beach Wedding.  She stages small beach weddings in Tampa, Clearwater and St. Peterburg.

Today she got a call from a woman who is looking for some work.  She is a minister and wedding officiant.

"I'm thinking of moving to St. Petersburg," she said, "and I don't know that I want to start my business up all over again.  It might be better to just work for someone else for a while."

Bobbi chatted with her for a bit and as she was talking, she went to her website online.  The woman looked familiar.

"You live in St. Thomas" Bobbi asked?

"Yes"

"You marry people at Meghan's Bay?"

"Yes," she replied.

"Well, you won't have to audition if you work for us," Bobbi said.

"Why not," she asked?

"Because you married us" Bobbi answered.