Monday, February 27, 2012

Tampa Wedding Photography - A Short Story

I posted something on my Facebook page the other day about how sad it makes me when I talk to a potential client who is on a budget that is so tight, they can't afford me. I'm not that expensive and if you can't afford me then you are most likely going to have to hire a budget/part-time photographer. I just hate it when the bride really loves my work and has to settle for something else.

Anyway, here is one of the comments to my post:






Share my story with her! At the time of my wedding money was tight and I said I could not afford a professional photographer. My father was in remission from Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for 10 years at my wedding and low and behold the cancer came back full force and we lost him within 2 years following my wedding. I was the only child of 6 that he walked down the aisle and gave away and I do not have any photos of this. I have no good photos of the two of us together. It's a decision that I regret everyday and if I had to do it all over again I would rather have a photographer than a DJ, cake, dress, big fancy meal or anything else.

I hear stories like this all the time.

The bottom line is this: Find a way to get the photographer that you love (even if it's not me!). You won't regret it. :)

Booray Perry is an award-winning wedding photographer in Tampa Florida.
Getting married on the beach? Here's how to have the perfect Florida beach wedding!
Nothing makes a party more fun than The Vogue Booth. Tampa's Best Photobooth