Saturday, October 25, 2008

Soon they'll be better than me....

I was working in the studio this morning with Sam and Mac underfoot when Sam asked if she could take my picture. Now, usually Sam just wants me to take picture of her so this was a new development. Daddy is naturally a little apprehensive about the 4-year-old and the 2-year-old when it comes to the expensive photographic equipment but they were both being good girls so I decided to risk it.

I set the camera up on a tripod with a remote trigger and showed Sam how to push the button (trickier than it sounds because if you forget to un-push the button you take about three pictures a second, which tends to be a little rough on the high-power strobes). Then, I oh-so-cautiously stepped away from the tripod and sat down on the stool.



Well, as you can see, she did just fine! She was even able to coax her sister into the picture (which is a rarety).



The big surprise, however, was that Mac was able to take a picture as well (without walking away and dragging my camera like a dog).