Friday, November 21, 2008

Mr. Wubbzy I presume..... can I call you Wow?


I did an event today in Safety Harbor with the folks from Parent Guide Magazine. It was great fun and all the kids were very excited to see Wow Wow Wubbzy. I spent about a half hour taking pictures of all the kids with the big yellow guy and we got pretty good at communicating back and forth with hand signals and stuff since for obvious reasons Wubbzy doesn't talk.

A little while later I'm photographing a family and I look over to see this big guy smiling at me. So I smile back. Later, I catch his eye again and he gives me a big smile... and he's standing there in a t-shirt and shorts all sweaty like he just jogged over to the park or something... and looking at me like he knows me. So, now I'm trying to figure out where I know this guy from because I meet a lot of people and it's not outside the realm of possibility that I might forget having met him.

Nothing. I got nothing.

Still later, I'm talking to Jack, one of the owners of the magazine and there's the guy again, walking up to us and smiling at me. Jack turns and says, "Oh, here comes Wubbzy..."

OH! Now I get it! He's the guy in the outfit that I took about 100 pictures of! No wonder he was smiling at me! In his mind I'm the guy he's been working with all day but to me he's just some sweaty dude who's freaking me out a little (it's hot in those costumes). The more I thought about it the more it made me smile.

Everyone was really nice and we had plenty of sign-ups for the free portrait session we are giving away. If you want to be included in giveaways and such be sure and sign up for our newsletter on the left.