Monday, November 17, 2008

Quinceanera Photographer Tampa

I spent my Sunday at the University of Tampa taking a Quinceanera portrait. On weekends, University of Tampa is like a photographer's convention. I counted about seven different professional photographers taking family portraits while I was there. At one point I thought we might have to start lining up for each location. :)

I spent about a half hour posing the lovely Janelis in her beautiful gown but it just wasn't working. She looked great, the dress was great... but the pictures were wrong. This girl has attitude... and her body language was fighting every attempt to portray her as a porcelain doll. So, I tried a new tactic. "Just relax and be cool," I said. It was the picture of her leaning on a pillar with her hand on her hip that Mom picked as the one that looked the most like her daughter. I see this a lot with clients. They start out wanting something that is very rigid and posed but when the time comes to actually decide on a print it's the one that best portrays the personality that wins...






Booray Perry is a Quinceanera photographer in Tampa