Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sunset

For more examples of my work, got to http://www.boorayperry.com/.


Last night my daughter pointed out what a beautiful sunset we were getting so I stepped outside to get a shot. I think that most people don't realize that Photoshop plays a big role in professional photography today, even something that seems simple, like a quick picture of the sunset. The picture below is actually two different pictures. What I did was set up my tripod and shoot the same picture two times.


The first time I exposed for the sky and since I really wanted the red to show up, I underexposed the shot.:




The second time I wanted the water to show up so I overexposed the shot:




Finally, I put the two images into Photoshop and combined them... using the top from one and the bottom from the other. Then I touched it up a little with some shading, lightened up the golf course grass, sharpened etc. and ended up with the finished product: