Monday, February 15, 2010

If you are reading this, please leave a comment!

I get a lot of hits on this blog but I have no idea if anyone is actually reading it!

The problem is that I post in three different places:

http://www.photocrati.com/ - This site gets tons of traffic and I get comments on what I write there.  However, it's not very personal since there are multiple contributors.

Facebook - My fan page has followers so I know I have readers but Facebook is designed to be more "hit and run" with quick entries, etc.  Plus, what happens if Facebook becomes un-popular?  Remember MySpace?

This Blog - This is my favorite place to write because I can write anything I want here.  I can write a long post about photography technique and then follow it with something funny that happened to me that day.  It's more free-form and that's what I think a blog should be.  Plus, this is mine so I control it completely. Unfortunatly, I don't have any way of knowing if anyone reads this thing!

I kept a blog for years before I started this one and my wife still gives me a hard time about it because she misses it.  I wrote about funny events in our lives and re-reading it is a great trip for us.  I'd like to do more of that here, on this blog because there are so many photographers who have "technical" blogs ("here's my pictures from my last shoot" or "here's my techniques").  I want a blog that has all that plus it's personal, funny and interesting to read even if you aren't necessarily a photographer.  I miss writing like that.

So, please do me a favor.  If you are reading this post, leave a comment.  Tell me who you are and how you found this site and anything else you want to say.  I suspect I'll get about 3 comments total.

Hopefully...