Tuesday, September 1, 2009

You never know who you might run into...


I was shooting family portraits for a client following the baptism of their twin grandchildren when I was reminded of one of the great things about this job.

While taking a picture, someone said, "This is the California contingent."
"Oh," I said, "Did ya'll come all the way from California to Tampa?"
"Yes"
"I lived in San Jose when I was a kid. I went to August Boeger Middle School," I said.
A woman in a blue blouse said, "I went to August Boeger too, but only for a few years."
"Me too, "
"I was there in 77' and 78.'"
"That's when I was there...."
"When did you you graduate high school?"
"1982."
"Me too!"

One of the great things about all the people you meet when you are a photographer is that you might end up taking a picture of someone who was in your class at August Boeger Middle School, 32 years ago, on the other side of the country. :)