Friday, July 23, 2010

No, you can't email me...

I'm a little annoyed today by some of my fellow photographers.  It's nothing serious, mind you, just a small thing that is annoying.

I've been sending emails out to a few photographers in other markets to pitch this idea that I have.  It's no big deal... no money or anything... but I think it's a good idea and I think it could become a great idea over time.

The problem is that I keep running into websites that won't allow me to email the owner.  What they will have is a "Contact Form" that has a few boxes for your name, email, etc but has no box for you to type in any extra information.  Also, I keep running across blogs with no email link.

That just seems crazy to me!  I have a contact form on my website (http://www.boorayperry.com/) and I have my email address on this blog.  I don't understand why a photographer would want to limit the information that a potential client can send.

It just seems odd...