Friday, July 9, 2010

Wedding photography at the Sand Pearl, Clearwater Beach

I've been waiting a long time to post these images.

Chelsea and Ofir were married at the Sand Pearl Resort on Clearwater Beach over a month ago.  Immediately after the wedding they took off for a one month vacation in Europe and so I have been sitting on these pictures while I waited for them to return.  I don't post images to my blog before the client has come in and seen them in the viewing room on the big screen.  I don't like the idea of someone seeing their wedding images for the first time on an I-phone while sitting in traffic.

Chelsea and Ofir were a wonderful couple to work with.  Warm and funny, obviously in love, and determined to get good pictures on their wedding day.  The biggest thing you can do to help your wedding photographer get great pictures is to agree to see each other before the ceremony.  The extra time before the hectic day begins allows me to really set up some beautiful shots.

Click Read More.....



Chelsea was suggesting ideas all day.  Clients are sometimes reluctant to speak up but I always tell them to say whatever pops into their mind.  I'll let you know if I think it's a bad idea.  I still get surprised by poses and setups that people will suggest while I'm still adjusting my camera or placing a light.  The first shot on this page is a perfect example.  There was a window between the bathroom and the bedroom in their suite and Chelsea suggested they all pose in it.  All I really had to do was position the girls and light it correctly.  It's a fantastic shot, very original and unique for a bridesmaids picture.


The wedding was supposed to take place outside but was rained out at the last minute.  We moved into the reception hall in a flash and everything went fine.  Luckily for us, it stopped raining long enough to go outside for some quick formals and I was able to get a beautiful shot of the wedding party.  At least one member of the wedding party has experience as a model.  Can you guess which one?  Here's a hint:  it's all in the way you stand.

I used this picture as an example in my Advanced Flash Class.  I wanted to show that proper exposure doesn't always mean that everything is perfect.  For this shot I wanted the window to become a huge ball of light because of the effect it would have on the room and my subjects.  This shot wasn't posed at all, Chelsea bent down to talk to her flower girl and I managed to catch it just right.  Contrast the window light in the above shot with the shot below at the same window and you get a good idea of how much creativity your Tampa Bay wedding photographer has when it comes to shaping the light.


There were so many great shots that day because we had so much time to move around and shoot.  I'll just post a few more of my favorites below:





Just a fantastic day and a real pleasure to shoot!

The entire gallery is online at my website, www.boorayperry.com.  Here's the direct link but it will only be up for a month or so...