Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tampa Wedding Photographer seeks can of RAID

Yesterday I did an engagement session with Tara and Jesse. It had rained earlier in the afternoon and so the humidity was pretty bad. This causes problems in several areas when shooting outdoors because the camera lens can fog up, plus everyone is fairly miserable and wet. Tara and Jesse were great sports about it and we got some great pictures.


I was smart enough to think ahead and bring a towel with me to the shoot. It's my personal rule in life that it's always good to have a towel, no matter where you are. Little did I realize that my rule would be tested yesterday.

After shooting for about 30 minutes, we took a break and I went over to my towel which I had laid on the railing of a gazebo. I picked it up and started to wipe down my equipment when I suddenly got a sharp pain in my hand.

It was a wasp. I had draped my towel over a wasp's nest and they weren't too happy about it.

Naturally, once I realized that I was being attacked I did what any sensible-minded grown man does in that situation: I began running in circles, flailing my arms like a backup singer for MC Hammer. Let me tell you, nothing impresses the clients more than the site of their photographer screaming like a little girl.

Luckily, I managed to avoid being bitten a second time and continue the session.

I let the wasps keep the towel.