Sunday, September 14, 2008

You know they've run out of ideas when....

About two weeks ago, Todd Leskanic from the Tampa Tribune came to interview me for a story.

Now, anyone who knows me will tell you that the last thing you want to do is get me talking about myself. I looooove to talk. Talky, talky, talk talk talk.

So, poor Todd had to listen to me ramble on for about two hours and, despite that, managed to write a really nice story about me for the Pasco Tribune.



The story was originally supposed to run last Sunday but got pushed back (something I discovered at 5:30 in the morning when I woke up and went out in search of a paper like some ego-starved Indiana Jones). This time I managed to stay in bed until 7:30 before giving in to temptation and checking the website. Then, I calmly emailed every person I've ever known, sent Bobbi out to buy 20 copies and ran down the street yelling, "Woo hoo!! I'm in the paper!!"

Seriously, I'm so impressed with Todd. It looked like he only wrote down about three things in his notepad the whole interview (one was: "Please, someone rescue me from this guy. He never shuts up!") and yet the article is dead-on accurate. If it was me I would have misspelled my own name.

(editor's note: The difference between me and Bobbi.... While taking this picture I was concerned about lighting and exposure. Bobbi was concerned that people would notice that Sam is wearing mismatched pajama's.)

Booray Perry is a photographer in Tampa Bay who's famous for 5 minutes